Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Breakfast Tacos

I grew up in San Antonio where you can find a breakfast taco on every corner. You take the amazing food for granted when you live in a place like San Antonio. I moved away about twelve years and man do I miss GOOD Mexican food! Here in Florida people look at me like I am crazy when I say "breakfast taco." I am often corrected and told it is a burrito and not a taco. Whatever! Just feed me one! :) 
Here is a quick and easy version of what I am missing in my life right now..........breakfast tacos! 
First thing is first, melt your butter in the pan. I know this is not very healthy but work with me here. When your butter is melter add in your onion and saute until the onion is clear. Once the onion is clear add in the minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes. Now we are going to add in the bell pepper and diced tomatoes. Cook this mix for another 3 minutes. 
 
Add in your spicy sausage and brown. Once the meat has fully cooked, put it in a large bowl and set off to the side. 
 
Leave all of the sausage drippings in the pan. Now it is time for your eggs. Crack your eggs in a medium sized bowl and add your half and half. Beat the eggs until the mixture blends well. Scramble the eggs until they are nice and fluffy!
Add the sausage mix into the egg mix and combine.  
Warm your tortillas on a plate in the microwave (covered with a paper towel of course) for no more than 2 minutes. Now plate the tortillas and fill them with the sausage mixture. Top them with cheese, salsa, and anything else that tickles your fancy!
These are easy to make and hit the spot when I have a breakfast taco craving! Enjoy!
Froggy Mom

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

spicy sausage is chorizo

The Froggy Mom said...

Actually I used spicy Italian sausage. There is a difference. Sadly, they don't have chorizo at the grocery store I shop at. I wish they did or I would have used chorizo. Yum! But you can definitley substitue the spicy Italian sausage for chorizo for an even better taste!

Post a Comment