Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thursday's Tip of the Day: Homemade Whipped Cream

Today's lovely tip of the day is inspired by my iced coffee post. I like to make my own whipped cream. By doing this I can make many different flavors of whipped cream for half the price you pay for one can or tub. I like to experiment with the different flavor possibilities. I have even flavored this with cocoa and made a mousse type desert out of it. So the moral of today's story is save the $3 per tub and make your own. I even taste a difference. In my opinion the whipped cream made from whipping cream tastes sooooo much better. Just sayin! It takes a whopping 5 minutes to make and saves you some pennies. Try it, you may not go back!
Plain Whipped Cream:

1 Cup Whipping Cream
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Place the whipping cream and powdered sugar in a big bowl. Take your mixer, attach the blades, put it in the bowl, turn it on high speed, and go! When the mixture gets fluffy and doubles in size, you are done!

Variations:
Cinnamon Whipped Cream - add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Chocolate Whipped Cream - add 1/2 cup cocoa (sometimes I add the 1/4 cinnamon too)
Peppermint Whipped Cream - 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract

Get creative, make your own flavors!


Enjoy!
Photobucket




Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment